Friday, June 3, 2011

How you express yourself is art.

Art does not solve problems but makes us aware of their existence. It opens our eyes to see and our brain to imagine.


I see art everywhere. Natural art through nature, art as fashion on how they'll express themselves, art through singing, and also through dancing. As a dancer I can say that dancing is an art. Dancing for me relieves me from my stress as a college student. Sometimes when I'm depressed its dancing I look forward too. Inline with the definition I chose, dancing (art) makes me realize that as I look forward to dancing its because I'm stressed and that there is problem. with dancing little by little somehow I forget the stress and just have fun. Like in the quote, "makes us aware of their existence (problems)" With the problems and stress I can come up with step and choreographies to my dance. It helps me become more relieved.

"Who/What determines whether a work/product/object is a work of art? Or, who determines whether a person is an artist?"

For me whatever you put effort on with inspiration and that has a final product is art. Being an artist is what society labels you. And having this National Artist award is just a recognition for what you've contributed to your art. I think it depends on how serious you'll be on your art, it can be that you study your art more like the people in universities or do what you do (like painting, performing arts, literature etc.) more as a hobby.

Like what Carlo Caparas is pointing out, he's an artist. Maybe also by profession but he's works has a huge impact on television, film, and on literature. As what CCP and NCCA are saying that he wasn't included in the cut off, my say there is just interrogate representatives from MalacaƱang and not him. It's not his fault that former President appointed him, but she's the one to be asked why he's included.

I can be an artist without me knowing it. You could be an artist. It's just a label. Anyone can be artistic it's just how you'll present it and how people would understand what you're trying to say.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the good insights. I'm glad you consider yourself an artist (dancer). That alone is already a *success*. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete