Saturday, August 20, 2011

Guts, an Original Filipino Science Fiction

Guts.
By Ramon Emmanuel A. Agbisit

(Spects of the Mobile Suit were got from the anime Gundam Seed Destiny and Gundam 00 from http://www.mahq.net)

I woke up with a heavy head ache. Haven't slept for days. It's August 15, 2051 a Tuesday. First day of war declared by the Philippines to China. First time ever that my country to declare war to a power house country. It’s been quite some time that the Chinese that are staying in Spratlys are mistreating the Filipinos ( CLICK TO SEE REAL UPDATES ) . The higher ups already know this and done measurable actions. Both countries talking about it. But came the day when the Chinese drew the line. A drunk Chinese soldier shot a Filipino child due to annoyance and drunkenness. As the President tried to be patient talking to the Chinese peacefully and in order about the island, he finds this issue disregarded always and looked down on us. He declared war.

I’m Lloyd, a plane pilot. Maybe the ace of my batch but not to brag about it I’m not really for war. Who would thought and know that the government have the guts to declare war? Who would know that the they’re saving up money to situations like this and not let the people know it. Now the nation is surprised how it’ll be financed and what were they thinking declaring war to China.
All I know is I’ll be piloting a different kind of machine. As the president declared war, he already have committees reserved in case of this kind of situations and I was chosen. Today everyone will be gathered again and I will be briefed with the situation. The army already made its move, monitoring the Philippine area of responsibility for any attacks. All satellite working in case of aerial attacks.

I’m really not nervous with the war. To tell you the truth, I’m really excited what the country has stored all of these years. Beside from the chance of dying, I want to know what the government is spending. Today I’ll be meeting with the Chief General of the military. It’s 8am and I need to get going.

After 4 hours of travel, we arrived at Clark Air Base. We were assisted immediately no time is to be wasted. This is the first time to enter its underground base. I never thought it even had one. Now I’m getting more excited. As Chief Milliare shows us the HQ, I suddenly saw this strange machine covered and strictly guarded. Chief introduced me to the crew and finally the moment arrived, the unveiling…


My heart beat is beating faster and faster, pumping so hard…

“I introduce to you, PHL-XGMF 001 PINOY!” he said, smiling and proud.

Like this is the greatest achievement the Philippines has ever had. At the same time this robot-like machine gets uncovered. As I look carefully to it, I’m shocked! I never thought I’d see one, and never thought that I’ll see it in the Philippines! A real mobile suit in front of me, and I’m the one who’s going to pilot it!

PINOY




is 18.3 meters high, 23.7 metric tons with the latest




EQFU-3X Super DRAGOON (Disconnected Rapid Arment Group Overlook Operation Network) mobile assault wings (Mount 8x MA-08V beam assault cannon)

a sheild,


beam magnum and



beam saber.


There were only rumours before that the country will be acquiring such technology, a mobile suit. Always when asked the government is denying this. They said that there are no reason to buy this expensive mech since there is no reason for war. Who would believe that if most of the national budget was invested at the military. I’m at awe seeing this in front of my eyes! Never in my wildest dreams that I’ll be in one. As I come near PINOY, I’m fascinated in all of these years that the country hide it from the public.
The pilot seat is located in the torso. We’re walking in a folding bridge in front of me is the docking place of the pilot.

As I seat in the cockpit, the alarm rang!

No comments:

Post a Comment